FROSTED SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
This is a Crisco recipe; it is the shortening and the sour cream that makes these cookies so soft. Don’t use light sour cream, it will add extra moisture without substance and the cookies will not work out.
3-1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup 14% sour cream
1 batch of vanilla buttercream cookie frosting
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
• Combine shortening, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl, beat for 2 minutes.
• Add the sour cream and half of the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon.
• Stir in remaining dry ingredients.
• With oiled hands roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet about 3 inches apart.
• Dip the bottom of a glass into flour; press dough down to about 1/2-inch thickness.
• Bake from 10 to 11 minutes.
• Check the cookies, when the bottoms are beginning to have a light blond color, remove them from the oven.
• Remove from oven and allow cookies to solidify on the baking sheet.
• Then transfer cookies to cooling racks with a metal spatula.
• Cool completely.
• Meanwhile prepare the vanilla buttercream cookie frosting.
• Spread on the cookies, and drop candy sprinkles on the top.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!