2 cups flour
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1 pinch of salt
• Place the ingredients into a large bowl.
• With clean hands truly blend into a smooth dough.
• Let dough rest at room temperature for 1/2 hour.
• Meanwhile line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Then lay a sheet of wax paper [or parchment] on the board.
• Place the dough on the wax paper.
• Roll the dough into 2 mm thickness.
• With cookie cutters cut into desired shapes.
• Place the cut outs on the prepared cookie sheet.
• Gather up the remnants and keep rerolling until no dough is left.
• Bake cookies in preheated 350F oven for 7 minutes.
• Remove from oven and let cookies settle for 5 minutes.