4 medium thick pork chops
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
1-1/2 cups mushroom, sliced
½ yellow pepper, diced
1 medium tomato, diced
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp flour
4 heaping Tbsp sour cream
• Remove the fat and bones from the pork chops.
• Pound chops thin and season with salt and pepper.
• Drench the chops with flour until well coated.
• Place 3 Tbsp olive oil in a fry pan.
• On medium heat braise the chops.
• Meanwhile dice the onions, the tomato and the yellow pepper.
• When chops begin to get color remove them from the pan and set them aside.
• Add 1 more Tbsp olive oil to the pan.
• Add the diced onions to the pan.
• Stir to deglaze as you sauté the onions.
• When the onions are soft; stir in 2 Tbsp of Hungarian paprika.
• Immediately add 1-1/4 cups of water.
• Add the diced tomato and pepper.
• Stir in the mushrooms.
• Bring sauce to simmer.
• Add the chops back to the pan.
• Bring everything to a simmer.
• Adjust the salt and the pepper.
• Place a lid on the pan and cook until tender.
• Remove the chops and place them in a serving bowl.
• In a small bowl combine 1 Tbsp flour and 4 Tbsp sour cream.
• Add the sour cream mixture to the sauce and stir.
• Pour the sauce over the chops and serve.
• Serve with Egg Dumplings.