4 medium russet potatoes, peeled
1/8 + 1/8 cup butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp fine breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• Peel the potatoes
• Cut a narrow slice from the bottom of each potato and discard slice. [This way potato will not roll.]
• With a sharp knife slice each potato vertically at 1/4-inch intervals, cutting down, but not through the potato.
• Butter a shallow baking dish
• Arrange potatoes in the dish.
• Drizzle 1/8 cup of melted butter evenly over potatoes.
• Salt and pepper the potatoes to taste.
• Bake potatoes at 425F 40 minutes.
• Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the potatoes and drizzle with the remaining 1/8 cup melted butter.
• Bake 20 more minutes.
• Sprinkle the cheese over potatoes.
• Baste with the butter in the pan, and bake 5 minutes longer.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!