2 large eggs, beaten
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1-1/2 cups Panco* and/or breadcrumbs**
1-2 Tbsp olive oil (optional)
• Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
• Spray the paper with cooking spray.
• Sprinkle the paper with 1-2 Tbsp olive oil if desired.
• Filet the chicken breasts to desired size.
• Lay clear wrap on a cutting board assigned to cutting meat only.
• Place 2-3 chicken filets on the wrap.
• Lay another sheet of wrap on the top.
• Lightly pound each fillet with a meat tenderizer.
• Place the eggs and the bread crumbs in separate bowls.
• Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
• Dip each breast into the egg to coat it lightly.
• Hold the chicken over the liquid to let the excess drip back into the bowl.
• Place the chicken in your choice of breading.
• Turn it over and press it into the breading to coat well.
• Arrange the breaded chicken filets in the prepared pan.
• It is fine if they touch, because tenderized meat tends to shrink a bit.
• Pray the tops with cooking spray.
• Bake until firm to the touch.
• Turn over and bake for 5 minutes longer.
* Panco is Japanese breadcrumb. It is lighter and lower in calories than regular breadcrumbs.
* *Make sure the breadcrumbs are from white bread. Brown bread and sourdough breadcrumbs tend to burn.