OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
2 parsnips, peeled
2 carrots, peeled
2 Yukon gold or red potatoes, peeled
1 onion, peeled
5 cloves garlic, crushed
3 Tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
• Preheat oven to 350F.
• Cut parsnips and carrots on the diagonal into 1/4 inch slices.
• Quarter the potatoes.
• Cut the onion into wedges.
• Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
• Toss with olive oil.
• Place all the vegetables and garlic in a large roasting pan.
• Cover with a lid or foil.
• Bake for 30 minutes.
• Uncover and bake, stirring occasionally, for another 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, golden brown and slightly crispy
A good addition to the vegetables when it is available is celeriac or celery root. Scrub and peel the celeriac and cut it into wedges.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!