PINCHED NOODLES - CSIPETKE
Csipetke is neither noodle nor dumpling.
It's a bit of each but not quite one or the other.
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 tbsp oil
• Mix the flour and salt.
• Stir in the egg to make stiff dough.
• Sprinkle in a few drops of cold water if needed.
• Knead until smooth.
• Cover and let dough rest for 30 minutes.
• Roll into strands.
• Pinch or chop into small pieces.
• Roll the dough between the hands.
• Set them on a board to dry, not touching.
• To cook them; drop into simmering soup.
• Cook noodles for 15 minutes or until tender.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!