EGGY DUMPLINGS - TOJÁSOS NOKEDLI
3 cups flour
1 cup milk
1 tsp and 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 additional eggs
• Combine the flour, 4 eggs, salt and milk.
• Beat vigorously to form a smooth, pliable batter.
• Boil 8 cups of water.
• Add 1 tsp of oil.
• Place a Hungarian dumpling or German spatzle maker over the pot.
• Push the dough through the holes into the boiling water below.
• When the dumplings float, pour into a large colander.
• Rinse the dumplings under cold running water.
• Drain the dumplings shaking the colander to remove all excess water.
• In another bowl, beat the remaining four eggs. Add salt to taste.
• Heat the oil in a pan, add the dumplings and heat through.
• Pour in the beaten eggs and keep stirring until the eggs cook.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!