2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar (no substitution)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup milk
• Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar and salt.
• Blend in the butter to make coarse meal.
• Add enough milk to make very soft but not sticky dough.
• Roll out on a floured surface.
• Fold dough over making 3 equal parts.
• Make a quarter turn, and fold over again. Repeat.
• Roll to 1 inch thickness.
• Cut with 2 inch round biscuit cutter.
• Place biscuits on the cookie sheet upside down.
• Bake at 450F for 10 minutes until the tops are golden.
• Do not double this recipe.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!