- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the nut butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and the salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture stir to combine.
- Add the oats and stir to combine.
- Add the nuts and stir to combine.
- Roll the dough into 1-1/2 inch balls.
- Place them 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheets.
NUTTY BUTTER COOKIES
The amounts stayed the same with the method revised; these nutty butter cookies come from a Martha Stewart recipe. I used almond butter and cashews, but literally any nut butter and nut combination would have worked. The oats gave it lightness and enhanced the nutty flavour. Speaking of nutty things there is a squirrel chattering in the backyard, I already told him to move on; he could get into trouble with the neighborhood cats. They are fiercely territorial. No amount of walnuts is worth a skirmish with Cinnamon’s friends.
As far as I can remember, the Labour Day weekend used to give us the last truly hot days of summer, school began the next day and as the month of September progressed fall would arrive. I am not sure about the coming weekend, but it was really cold yesterday, we have been shutting the windows for the night this past week. It looks as if autumn arrived early this year. If I could hold back the winter I would. Yet we may welcome the arrival of snow and ice, if the meteorologists are correct we could have three months of drought in the Thompson Okanagan Region.
Nutty Butter Cookies
3/4 cup of butter, softened
1/2 cup nut butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
sprinkle of salt
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped nuts
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- HOT MILK CAKE
- BATTER FRIED BROCCOLI
- SWEET POTATO SPINACH BAKE
- EGG BREAD
- BRANDY YOGURT CAKE
- COCOA CAKE IN THE PAN
- PORK RATATOUILLE WITH ZUCCHINI - HÚSOS LECSÓ CUKKI...
- OLIVIA CAKE
- ZUCCHINI PATTIES - CUKKINI FASÍRT
- ZUCCHINI TOMATO TART
- TEMESVÁRI PORK SIRLOIN - TEMESVÁRI SERTÉSBORDA
- YORKSHIRE PAN PUDDING
- PEANUT BUTTER BARS
- CHICKEN PIE
- FRESH STRAWBERRY CRUMB BARS
- ZUCCHINI LAYER CAKE
- NUTTY BUTTER COOKIES
- KITCHEN HYGIENE
- ▼ September (18)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (202)