- Preheat oven to 350F and line a square baking pan with parchment paper with overhang.
- In a large bowl, combine crust ingredients.
- Press the mixture with damp hands into the prepared baking pan.
- Poke with a fork and place in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the filling ingredients until smooth.
- Remove baking pan from the oven and pour the filling on top of the crust. Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until middle is just set.
- Place the pan on wire rack and let it cool completely.
- For neat squares place in the fridge for an hour.
- Place the chilled pan on the counter.
- If you did not line the pan with parchment paper, cut around the edge and slice the bar inside the pan.
NUTELLA SHORTBREAD BARS
Because you can’t always be good. We have a love and hate relationship in this family with Nutella. Granted it is not the healthiest but it is always delicious. Hence, the infamous bar cookies. I would rather not have Nutella around and if the recipe uses up half a cup of Nutella that’s a good thing isn’t it? Besides when have I shied away from sugar. Adapted and made a bit less sweet, now perfect, this amazing bar cookie comes from Lorie’s Mississippi Kitchen.
Drop and roll. The walnuts started dropping on our roof. Summer is not yet over but fall is now a possibility. I thought this little bar cookie from last winter might be a good recipe to have. I pulled my robe closer on this chilly morning. Milky coffee is ah so soothing. I am taking a break from the photos, the films, and the letters that have occupied my life for the past year. The movies I found telling, completely new stories emerged from the past, some of it fun and some of it sad. Isn’t everybody’s life such?
Time to take out Charlie and Chloe to the backyard. They decided to sleep in this morning. The two stinkies will be leaving us today when Olivia and her parents get back from
Down By the Bay
Charlie is my favorite. He is the fuzzy one.
NUTELLA SHORTBREAD BARS
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup flour
In a rare moment Charlie allowes Chloe to touch him
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ICED ORANGE COOKIES
- BANANA CHIFFON CAKE WITH GANACHE
- BAKED PARMESAN POTATOES
- BAKED PORK CHOPS
- PATE BRISEE TARTS
- BLUEBERRY ALMOND CAKE
- TOMATO PORK STEAK
- BROWN SUGAR MAPLE COOKIES
- PEAR TART
- LINZER SANDWICH COOKIES – LINZER SZENDVICS KEKSZ
- USING LEFTOVERS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- MUSHROOM LECSÓ SPREAD
- DILLED GOURD STEW - KAPROS TÖKFŐZELÉK
- NUTELLA SHORTBREAD BARS
- ZSUZSA’S STUFFED ZUCCHINI
- KILLER PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
- HOMEMADE CAKE FLOUR
- MUSHROOM ASIAGO CHICKEN
- COCONUTTY SHEET CAKE
- ▼ August (19)
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (202)