I always wanted to make spritz cookies for Christmas. I had cookie press on my wish list for years. Some years I forgot about it. About two years ago finally I bought one, I spent a lot of money on it, but it turned out to be the most useless gadget ever invented by man. Long I waited for it… but disposal was swift. Then I tried making spritz cookies with a pastry bag, but I thought my hand will fall off.
Today I found this recipe on Food.com; and I thought I will give spritz cookies one more try. The search is over; I found the ideal spritz cookie recipe for using a pastry bag. Even I can handle it [my hands were never strong and they are worse now]. Making the spritzes was easy-peasy as a squeeze. With 224 day before Christmas, I am starting early.
1 large egg yolk
1 Tbsp heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour
• Preheat oven to 375F.
• In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, sugar and salt at medium high speed until light, fluffy and pale in color.
• Reduce speed and add the egg yolk cream and vanilla.
• Beat until thoroughly combined.
• Gradually add flour and mix until just combined. Do not over mix or the cookies will be tough.
• Fill a large pastry bag with half of the dough and twist the top to close.
• Pipe cookies on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
• Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
• Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
• Cool on baking racks and store in an airtight container
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- BROWNIE PUDDING
- BROCCOLI STALK SALAD
- YELLOW SPLIT PEAS SOUP
- ROAST SPICED POTATO AND PARSNIP
- BACON RATATOUILLE – SZALONNÁS LECSÓ
- CARAMELIZED BLUEBERRY SAUCE
- FRIED CHICKEN
- SPRITZ COOKIES
- DUCK GIBLET SOUP - KACSA APRÓLÉK LEVES
- LIVER SOUP DUMPLINGS
- STIR FRIED NAPA CABBAGE
- WASHING POULTRY
- CRISPY ROAST DUCK - SÜLT KACSA
- PAN FRIED PORK CHOPS
- SALTING MEAT
- CINNAMON CAKE BROWNIE
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)