image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

30.3.13

DILL WINE SAUCE



This creamy sauce is equally delicious served over fish, pastas or some steamed vegetables such as green peas or green beans. Fresh herb is a crucial component. If no fresh dill was available, I would just replace the dill with another fresh herb or simply make a plain wine sauce.
 
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup whipping cream
salt to taste
1 pinch of white pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
 
• In non stick fry pan, melt the butter over very low heat; stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
• In a large measuring cup combine the milk, wine, cream, salt and pepper and gradually add to the roux in the fry pan; whisking all the while.
• Increase the heat to medium and cook until sauce is thickened.
• Remove from heat, stir in the dill and serve.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love a dill sauce served with salmon, but I've never made one with wine. This sounds fabulous! I hope you are having a great weekend and a wonderful Easter Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also intrigued about the addition of the wine, Zsuzsa, thank you for blogging about it. We serve fish at least once per week and I'll bookmark the sauce for the next fish dinner. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva, Peach Lady thank you both for the good wishes, we did have a nice Easter weekend. Spring is in full swing in Kamloops and I didn't have to cook the Sunday dinner. And ladies the wine gives this sauce lovely flavour. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh dill and white wine ... things not normally found in my house but I'm willing to give this sauce a try, on fish or whatever else it may go over.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive