WHITE CHOCOLATE FRUIT BARS
The Christmas baking that never was and now I have an odd assortment of various items in my pantry, like sweetened condensed milk. They are just begging to be used. Not what I had in mind for them at the time, but Christmas is over and now I want something quick. So here is another Eagle Brand bar cookie.
A bit of an update on the home front: Dishwasher is hooked up and working. The guest room is dried out, insulation, wallboards and ceiling tiles have been replaced and everything is repainted. The one thing that remains is replacing the cut out sections of the underlay and cleaning the stained carpet. If that can be done next week, the furniture goes back and the downstairs hallways will be finally free of clutter. Make the bed and hang the blinds. After that I can send out a few out of town invites. We have a first class queen sized bed down there that remains untouched by the dishwasher flood. I wonder who will be our first guest.
2 cups graham crumbs
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 can [300 ml] regular or low fat sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup finely chopped dried apricots
1-1/2 cups white chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 350F. [325F for glass dish]
• Combine graham crumbs with butter; press evenly onto parchment paper-lined 13 x 9" baking pan.
• Pour Eagle Brand evenly over crumb crust.
• Sprinkle the cranberries, chopped apricots and white chocolate chips on the top.
• Press down firmly.
• Place in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges become lightly browned.
• Cool thoroughly and chill.
• Cut into 24 bars.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (95)
- ▼ February (9)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)