1 batch of egg dumplings
1/2 cup hard white cheese, grated [I use white cheddar
1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
1/2 cup diced bacon
1 cup very thinly sliced purple onion
• Make the egg dumplings.
• Meanwhile set the oven to 375F.
• Rinse and drain the dumplings thoroughly.
• Butter a 9X12 inch casserole dish.
• Place half the dumplings in the dish.
• Scatter the hard cheese on top.
• Place the remaining dumplings on top.
• Scatter with parmesan cheese and place in the preheated oven.
• Meanwhile partially fry the diced bacon on medium heat.
• Add the sliced purple onions and fry, continually stirring until translucent.
• Remove dumplings from the oven as soon as the cheese melts.
• Add the toppings and serve.