FROSTED SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
This is a Crisco recipe; it is the shortening and the sour cream that makes these cookies so soft. Don’t use light sour cream, it will add extra moisture without substance and the cookies will not work out.
3-1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1-1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup 14% sour cream
1 batch of vanilla buttercream cookie frosting
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
• Combine shortening, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl, beat for 2 minutes.
• Add the sour cream and half of the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon.
• Stir in remaining dry ingredients.
• With oiled hands roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet about 3 inches apart.
• Dip the bottom of a glass into flour; press dough down to about 1/2-inch thickness.
• Bake from 10 to 11 minutes.
• Check the cookies, when the bottoms are beginning to have a light blond color, remove them from the oven.
• Remove from oven and allow cookies to solidify on the baking sheet.
• Then transfer cookies to cooling racks with a metal spatula.
• Cool completely.
• Meanwhile prepare the vanilla buttercream cookie frosting.
• Spread on the cookies, and drop candy sprinkles on the top.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- GREEN PEAS STEW - ZÖLDBORSÓ FŐZELÉK
- CHOCOLATE TERRINE
- CABBAGE SOUP
- PANKO CRUSTED PARMESAN PORK CHOPS
- CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
- NUTELLA SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- ZSUZSA’S APPLE DISH
- PORK CHOPS WITH APPLE STUFFING
- CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUP
- FLOYDA'S BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES
- CARAMEL ICING
- BEET AND CARROT SLAW
- FROSTED SOFT SUGAR COOKIES
- VANILLA BUTTERCREAM COOKIE FROSTING
- WHITE CHOCOLATE DIPPED MOLASSES COOKIES
- SPICY SLAW
- SPICY SALAD DRESSING
- ROASTED TURKEY WINGS
- HUNGARIAN CABBAGE SALAD – NYERS KÁPOSZTASALÁTA
- HOMEMADE PRUNE JUICE
- ITALIAN LEMON COOKIES
- COOKIE ICING
- ▼ November (22)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)