1-1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp flour
3/4 cup chilled hard margarine
1 pinch of salt
4 Tbsp cold water
4 tsp vinegar
1 cup + 1 Tbsp flour
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp chilled hard margarine
3 Tbsp cold water
1 Tbsp vinegar
• In a large bowl, crumble the flour and the chilled margarine to fine crumbs.
• Mix in the salt.
• Add to a small dish the cold water and the vinegar.
• Pour the liquid over the pastry crumbs.
• Stir to combine and gradually form a rough ball.
• Generously flour a board and roll out the pastry into a thin rectangle.
• Roll up pastry and divide into 4 parts.
• Roll each division into a thin rectangle.
• Stack the four rectangles on top of one another.
• Chill for twenty minutes.
• Repeat rolling, dividing and stacking and chilling the dough one more time.
• Preheat the oven to 400F.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Roll out the chilled pastry.
• Cut to fit the parchment lined baking pan.
• Place the pastry on the prepared pan.
• Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown. Keep an eye on it, flaky pastry can bun very quickly.
• Within about 3-4 minutes, deflate the parts that swell up by pricking them with a fork.
• Remove from the oven.
• If baking a sheet pastry, immediately cut to the desired shape. Once the pastry cools, it is not possible to cut it without it breaking apart.