image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

17.3.12

CREAMY KOHLRABI STEW - TEJFÖLÖS KARALÁBÉFŐZELÉK


This is a delightful főzelék. Traditionally karalábéfőzelék is thickened with a roux. The béchamel sauce and the sour cream make this an extra special dish. Use fresh parsley only.

6 cups peeled and chopped kohlrabi [or 3-4 kohlrabi roots]
1 batch of béchamel sauce
1/4 cup 14% sour cream
salt to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

• Peel and chop the kohlrabi. Use only tender roots, discard woody ones or set them aside for making stock.
• Place the chopped kohlrabi in a pot and add water about halfway up.
• Cover and cook until tender. [Kohlrabi cooks very fast.]
• Drain off the stock and reserve it for use later.
• Cover the kohlrabi to keep warm.
• Make the béchamel sauce and replace part of the milk with the reserved kohlrabi stock.
• Add the sour cream to the finished sauce and stir to combine.
• Pour the béchamel sauce over the kohlrabi and add the chopped parsley.
• Stir and serve.

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive