image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

15.12.11

QUICK MARZIPAN


Most of the time you can’t even find it, but when you do how do you know its real marzipan? These are the reasons I make it myself. You can use marzipan dipped in chocolate, coloured, flavoured or formed into candies and decorations, or sometimes in recipes like stollen.

1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
2 cups ground blanched almonds (the finer the ground, the better)

• Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and cook until the sugar dissolves.
• Add the almonds and cook it until the batter stops sticking to the pan.
• Remove from heat and place on a flat surface.
• While still warm, knead first with a spatula and then by hand until smooth.
• Wrap the marzipan in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight plastic bag.
• If marzipan is dry, soften it with a small amount of syrup. If too soft, add icing sugar to it.





Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive