1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
2 cups ground blanched almonds (the finer the ground, the better)
• Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and cook until the sugar dissolves.
• Add the almonds and cook it until the batter stops sticking to the pan.
• Remove from heat and place on a flat surface.
• While still warm, knead first with a spatula and then by hand until smooth.
• Wrap the marzipan in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight plastic bag.
• If marzipan is dry, soften it with a small amount of syrup. If too soft, add icing sugar to it.