750 g country style boneless pork ribs
salt and pepper to taste
1 + 2 Tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
2 large onions, chopped
3 red peppers, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
• Wash the meat well and season with salt and pepper.
• Oil the bottom of the roasting pan with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
• Place the ribs in a row, well packed together.
• At intervals insert the garlic cloves.
• Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid.
• Place in the oven at 350F for two hours.
• Meanwhile start on the lecsó.
• Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to a non stick fry pan.
• Add the chopped onions and sauté on medium heat until soft.
• Add the chopped peppers and sauté until they begin to soften.
• Add the chopped tomatoes and heat through.
• Season it with salt and pepper to taste.
• Take the lid off the ribs and pile the partially cooked lecsó on the top.
• Continue roasting the ribs, but do not cover it.
• When all the juices are gone and the bottom of the pan glistens with oil, remove from oven.
• Pork ratatouille is ready to serve.