Martha Stewart's Individual Peach Pastries revisited:
4 filo sheets
2 Tbsp butter, melted
3 large fresh strawberries sliced 1/4-inch thick
6 tsp brown sugar
• Preheat the oven to 400F.
• Paper - thinly slice the strawberries.
• Remove the filo from the package and lay it on a flat surface.
• The stack of pastry sheets are folded in half. Open the stack in the middle.
• Leaving a single sheet on the board, fold back the rest of the filo sheets and set them aside.
• Quickly brush the single filo with melted butter.
• Place the filo stack back on top of the single sheet and fold down the bottom sheet from the stack.
• Remove the remaining pastry sheets and set them aside.
• You now have 2 filo pastries on top of one another.
• Brush the top pastry with melted butter.
• Repeat the procedure twice more until you have 4 pastry sheets on top of each other and each pastry has been brushed with butter.
• With a sharp knife cut the buttered filo stack into 12 squares.
• Sprinkle each pastry with 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar.
• Bake the pastries in the cupcake tins for 8 minutes and the flat pastries for 14 minutes.
• Makes approximately 12 pastries
• Serve with a small dollop of yogurt cheese and whipping cream.