1 large yam
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp dark corn syrup
juice of 1/2 mandarin orange
• Peel and slice the yam.
• Melt the butter in a non stick fry pan over medium heat.
• Season the yam with salt and pepper.
• When the butter begins to foam, add the sliced yams.
• Adjust the heat to a slow, happy fry.
• Turn the yam slices over and place a lid on the top.
• Once the lid is on, it is surprising how fast the yam cooks.
• Check frequently, the yam should not brown.
• Continue to cook until the yam is nicely caramelized.
• Serve hot.