Strawberry coulis is a fancy sounding name for strawberry sauce.
Use it to top ice cream, waffles, French toast, pancakes, cheesecake, biscuits and scones.
2-1/2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 cup of water
• Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
• Remove from heat and let cool to lukewarm.
• Pour mixture into a blender.
• Blend it smooth and then strain it to remove the seeds.
Strawberry coulis can be stored in the fridge for one week or in the freezer for several months. Or omit the cooking part and just put ingredients through the blender. It will not keep though; you have to use it right of way.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- BAKONY PORK FILLET - BAKONYI SERTÉSBORDA
- CHEESE PIZZA
- BREADED CUTLETS - RÁNTOTT HÚS
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- SMARNI - CSÁSZÁRMORZSA
- CHOCOLATE CHIP MERINGUES
- BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
- APRICOT SAUCE
- OVEN BARBEQUED PORK RIBS
- EVERYTHING SOUP
- FREEZER ICE CREAM
- BASIC RISOTTO
- CUCUMBER SALAD - UBORKA SALÁTA
- CRISPY CRULLERS - CSÖRÖGE
- RUM BALLS
- STUFFED PEPPERS - TÖLTÖTT PAPRIKA
- CREAM BISCUITS
- FRENCH TOAST
- WAX BEANS STEW - SÁRGABABFŐZELÉK
- PORK ROAST HUNGARIAN STYLE
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- HUNGARIAN RICE PUDDING - RIZSKÓH
- BISCUITS DELUXE
- FRIED POTATOES - SÜLT KRUMPLI
- STRAWBERRY COULIS
- CHICKEN FETTUCINE
- OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
- WALNUT NOODLES - DIÓS TÉSZTA
- CLASSIC FISH AND CHIPS
- CABBAGE SQUARES - KÁPOSZTÁS KOCKA
- HUNGARIAN NOODLE PASTRY - VARGA BÉLES
- NOODLES - FŐTT TÉSZTA
- FRENCH SALAD - FRANCIA SALÁTA
- POTATO SALAD
- BANANA CHIFFON CAKE
- OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN
- SPINACH SALAD
- ▼ May (39)