I gave the old friend a face lift; my old pizza crust has a new face. But don’t worry, everything stayed the same except the flour. One day I was almost out of all-purpose so I put in some bread flour. Wow! The crust was superior and henceforth I will use 1-1/2 cups of bread flour with 1 cup of all-purpose flour. For those who prefer a thin crust pizza, continue to use the regular flour. It will be still delicious. We are crust people and we are changed it up a bit.
The recipe still makes two wonderful 12-inch pizzas. When I double the recipe, I often end up with extra dough. I shape the unused dough into a loaf and let it rise until it doubles. Then I bake it at 400F and presto we have Italian bread.
1-1/2 cups bread flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2-1/4 tsp instant yeast [2-1/4 tsp = 1 package]
1/4 cup oil
1 cup lukewarm water
2/3 cup pizza sauce
3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
• Place the flours sugar, salt and instant yeast in a large bowl.
• Add the oil and the lukewarm water.
• Mix well.
• Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
• Place dough on a floured board and kneed until elastic.
• Cover dough and let it rise for 1-1/2 hours.
• Punch down.
• Divide dough and shape into two balls.
• On floured board roll two (12 inch) pizzas.
• Lightly oil the pans and lay in the dough.
• Turn the edges under.
• Spread it lightly with your favourite pizza sauce.
• I like to crumble a bit of feta cheese before the Mozzarella.
• Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
• Let the pizza rise until the under turned edges are nicely risen.
• Bake at 400F for 25 minutes or until golden.
my pizza from all purpose flour
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (93)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (178)
- BAKONY PORK FILLET - BAKONYI SERTÉSBORDA
- CHEESE PIZZA
- BREADED CUTLETS - RÁNTOTT HÚS
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- SMARNI - CSÁSZÁRMORZSA
- CHOCOLATE CHIP MERINGUES
- BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
- APRICOT SAUCE
- OVEN BARBEQUED PORK RIBS
- EVERYTHING SOUP
- FREEZER ICE CREAM
- BASIC RISOTTO
- CUCUMBER SALAD - UBORKA SALÁTA
- CRISPY CRULLERS - CSÖRÖGE
- RUM BALLS
- STUFFED PEPPERS - TÖLTÖTT PAPRIKA
- CREAM BISCUITS
- FRENCH TOAST
- WAX BEANS STEW - SÁRGABABFŐZELÉK
- PORK ROAST HUNGARIAN STYLE
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- HUNGARIAN RICE PUDDING - RIZSKÓH
- BISCUITS DELUXE
- FRIED POTATOES - SÜLT KRUMPLI
- STRAWBERRY COULIS
- CHICKEN FETTUCINE
- OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
- WALNUT NOODLES - DIÓS TÉSZTA
- CLASSIC FISH AND CHIPS
- CABBAGE SQUARES - KÁPOSZTÁS KOCKA
- HUNGARIAN NOODLE PASTRY - VARGA BÉLES
- NOODLES - FŐTT TÉSZTA
- FRENCH SALAD - FRANCIA SALÁTA
- POTATO SALAD
- BANANA CHIFFON CAKE
- OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN
- SPINACH SALAD
- ▼ May (39)