2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 onion, chopped finely
1 cup Arborio rice
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• Heat the butter and oil in a large based saucepan or deep fry pan.
• Add the chopped onion and sauté until soft.
• Stir in the rice and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
• Add 1/2 cup chicken broth; stir until liquid has been absorbed.
• Continue adding broth, always 1/2 cup at the time and stirring often until each addition has been absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup.
• Keep adding and stirring until the rice is cooked through.
• Cooking time is approximately 30 minutes.
• Finished dish should be creamy.
• Just before serving stir in the Parmigiano-Reggiano.