1 lb. Brussels sprouts
2 tsp oil
1 clove garlic, minced
3-4 Tbsp vegetable broth
salt to taste
grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
• In a large non-stick skillet heat the oil on medium heat.
• Add the almonds and toast lightly.
• Remove almonds and set aside.
• Trim off stem ends and cut the sprouts crosswise.
• Take apart the sprouts separating the leaves.
• Add the sprouts, garlic, salt, nutmeg and pepper to the pan.
• Sauté sprout leaves for two minutes.
• Add the broth one tablespoon at a time.
• Continue to sauté 6-8 minutes until sprouts are crisp-tender.
• Stir in the almonds and transfer to serving plates.
• Garnish with cheese.
Watch ChefMD preparing a similar dish here.