1 cup icing sugar
1 cup ground almonds
3 oz (90 g) bittersweet chocolate, grated
1/3 cup dark rum
1 tsp vanilla
variety of coverings
• Line trays with waxed paper and set aside.
• In large bowl whisk together icing sugar, almonds and chocolate.
• Gradually stir in 1/4 cup of the rum and vanilla to form a mound.
• Consistency should be light and moist, but not watery.
• Press together with clean hands.
• Chill until firm enough to roll, about 15 minutes.
• Roll a teaspoonful into balls.
• Moisten and wipe hands with damp cloth as needed.
• Place on prepared trays.
• Arrange a variety of coverings in shallow bowls.
• Pour remaining rum into a bowl.
• One by one, roll balls in the rum then in desired covering.
• Press lightly to adhere.
• Let rum balls dry on tray for 1 hour.
• Refrigerate until firm.
To make ahead: Layer rum balls between waxed paper in airtight containers and refrigerate or freeze for up to 1 month.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- BAKONY PORK FILLET - BAKONYI SERTÉSBORDA
- CHEESE PIZZA
- BREADED CUTLETS - RÁNTOTT HÚS
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
- SMARNI - CSÁSZÁRMORZSA
- CHOCOLATE CHIP MERINGUES
- BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING
- APRICOT SAUCE
- OVEN BARBEQUED PORK RIBS
- EVERYTHING SOUP
- FREEZER ICE CREAM
- BASIC RISOTTO
- CUCUMBER SALAD - UBORKA SALÁTA
- CRISPY CRULLERS - CSÖRÖGE
- RUM BALLS
- STUFFED PEPPERS - TÖLTÖTT PAPRIKA
- CREAM BISCUITS
- FRENCH TOAST
- WAX BEANS STEW - SÁRGABABFŐZELÉK
- PORK ROAST HUNGARIAN STYLE
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- HUNGARIAN RICE PUDDING - RIZSKÓH
- BISCUITS DELUXE
- FRIED POTATOES - SÜLT KRUMPLI
- STRAWBERRY COULIS
- CHICKEN FETTUCINE
- OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
- WALNUT NOODLES - DIÓS TÉSZTA
- CLASSIC FISH AND CHIPS
- CABBAGE SQUARES - KÁPOSZTÁS KOCKA
- HUNGARIAN NOODLE PASTRY - VARGA BÉLES
- NOODLES - FŐTT TÉSZTA
- FRENCH SALAD - FRANCIA SALÁTA
- POTATO SALAD
- BANANA CHIFFON CAKE
- OVEN BARBECUED CHICKEN
- SPINACH SALAD
- ▼ May (39)