image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

14.5.10

RUM BALLS

 


1 cup icing sugar
1 cup ground almonds
3 oz (90 g) bittersweet chocolate, grated
1/3 cup dark rum
1 tsp vanilla
variety of coverings

• Line trays with waxed paper and set aside.
• In large bowl whisk together icing sugar, almonds and chocolate.
• Gradually stir in 1/4 cup of the rum and vanilla to form a mound.
• Consistency should be light and moist, but not watery.
• Press together with clean hands.
• Chill until firm enough to roll, about 15 minutes.
• Roll a teaspoonful into balls.
• Moisten and wipe hands with damp cloth as needed.
• Place on prepared trays.
• Arrange a variety of coverings in shallow bowls.
• Pour remaining rum into a bowl.
• One by one, roll balls in the rum then in desired covering.
• Press lightly to adhere.
• Let rum balls dry on tray for 1 hour.
• Refrigerate until firm.

To make ahead: Layer rum balls between waxed paper in airtight containers and refrigerate or freeze for up to 1 month.
    

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive