1-1/4 cups flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar, divided
3/4 cup cold butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups mixed nuts
1-1/2 cups green and red candied cherries, halved
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
• In a bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar.
• Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
• Press into a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
• Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
• Beat egg slightly in a large bowl
• Stir in remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar and salt.
• Add nuts, cherries and chocolate chips.
• Toss lightly to coat.
• Spoon fruit layer evenly over baked layer.
• Bake additional 20 minutes.
• Turn off oven. Wait 10 minutes and return pan to the oven to dry for 2 hours.
• Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into bars.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (93)
- ► 2013 (106)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- PEACHY MUFFINS
- CREAMED SPINACH - SPENÓT FŐZELÉK
- CHOCOLATE WHITE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- BAKED and BREADED CHICKEN CUTLETS
- OVEN FRIES
- POTATO PASTA - KRUMPLIS TÉSZTA
- PRESSURE COOKER CHICKEN SOUP - CSIRKELEVES KUKTÁBA...
- EASY SUGAR COOKIES
- LIGHT CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- LIGHT CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- FRENCH TOAST for one
- YOGURT CHEESE
- CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- M&M COOKIES
- HUNGARIAN PAPRIKA
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- PURPLE CABBAGE – LILA KÁPOSZTA
- APPLE PIE
- PIE PASTRY
- HUNGARIAN NUT ROLLS - BEIGLI
- FILLINGS FOR HUNGARIAN NUT ROLLS – BEIGLI TÖLTELÉK...
- HASSELBACK POTATOES
- JOKAI BEAN SOUP – JÓKAI BABLEVES
- GULYÁS SOUP - GULYÁS LEVES
- EGGY DUMPLINGS - TOJÁSOS NOKEDLI
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES
- BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- FROZEN YOGURT WITH FRUIT
- FRIED RICE
- CREAM OF WHEAT
- MILK RICE – TEJBERIZS
- BREAKFAST PASTRY
- CAESAR SALAD
- JEWEL BARS
- HARD BOILED EGGS
- SAUTÉED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- PAPRIKA POTATOES - PAPRIKÁS KRUMPLI
- ▼ April (38)