Once I served this to our old friend Norm Gill, he called it “everything soup” – “by gully everything is in it” he said.
3 mild Italian sausages
1 green pepper, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
3 cups of canned tomatoes, chopped
3 cups water
• Chop the sausages, pull off and discard casings.
• In a soup pot, fry the sausage bits.
• Add the sliced green pepper and mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes.
• Add the tomatoes, and 1 cup of water.
• Add the salt and pepper.
• Bring to a slow simmer.
• When peppers are tender soup is ready.
• Serve this with a rustic loaf.