4 cod fillets
oil for deep frying*
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup milk
• French cut the potatoes, and place them in ice water.
• In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
• Add the milk and egg and stir until smooth.
• Let stand for 20 minutes.
• Fry the potatoes in hot oil until just tender.
• Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon and drain them on paper.
• Set the hot oil aside.
• If the fillets are long cut them in half.
• Dredge the the fillets in batter, one by one.
• Reheat the oil and fry the fillets golden brown.
• Quickly remove the fillets to drain on paper.
• Fry the potatoes for the second time until golden brown and crisp.