image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

6.5.10

CABBAGE SQUARES - KÁPOSZTÁS KOCKA



3 cups green cabbage, sliced
3 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp sugar
salt to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground

1 batch of homemade noodles, preferably square cut
1 Tbsp butter

• Grate the cabbage into a large dish.
• Sprinkle liberally with salt and let stand for 1/2 hr.
• Drain and squeeze out all the water.
• Place 3 Tbsp oil in a large skillet and add the cabbage.
• Stir in salt and black pepper and slowly cook until cabbage is tender.
• Stir in the sugar and sauté until cabbage is slightly caramelized.
• Meanwhile cook the noodles.
• When fully cooked, pour noodles though a large sieve and rinse well under cold running water.
• Let the noodles drain completely.
• In a large skillet melt the butter and add the drained pasta.
• Add the sautéed cabbage and toss to coat.
• Heat through and serve.
       

7 comments:

  1. This was my special treat for my birthday as a chiled. A whole pot just for me! I have tried many recipes for this over time, but none were as I remembered the tasete. I'm looking forward to trying yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it turns out

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great. Definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I from Vienna and whenever I long for Hungary and can't go, I cook a batch of this. Not to mention the many hungry evenings this dish has spared me (and some of my Hungarian friends as well). Szép munka volt, Zsuzsa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Rozsa. It's tasty and filling. As many of our Hungarian dishes are...

    ReplyDelete
  6. the best with homemade noodles and pepper to taste.....my children also liked it sprinkled with sugar believe it or not!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I myself grew up with the sugared verson. Now I prefer it with ground pepper.

      Delete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive