image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

19.5.10

BREAD AND BUTTER PUDDING



This is my breakfast version of bread and butter pudding. The focus is on the cinnamon bread and not on the custard.

4 slices of cinnamon bread
1 Tbsp butter
3 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1 cup milk
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla

• Cut the cinnamon bread in half, and butter each slice.
• Beat the eggs, sugar and salt until well blended.
• In a saucepan bring the milk and cream just to boil.
• Stir this mixture very gradually into the egg mixture.
• Add the vanilla extract.
• Butter a square baking dish.
• Arrange the bread slices in the prepared dish with buttered sides up.
• Strain the custard mixture on the top.
• Set the dish in a roasting pan.
• Fill the roasting pan with hot water to a dept of 1 inch.
• Bake at 375F for until a knife inserted comes out clean.
  Serves 4

• Scoop some hot pudding on a plate and pour Apricot Sauce on top.




   

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive